IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE CONTENTS OF THIS PAGE AS YOU WILL BE ASKED TO CONFIRM BY EMAIL/TEXT MESSAGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THEM - UPDATED 2nd JULY 2020 TO INCLUDE COVID-19 TERMS FOR DRIVING LESSONS
When booking a driving lesson with Neon Driving School the student (or for under 18’s the parent/guardian of the student) agrees to the following terms and conditions. The student/parent/guardian is required to agree to these terms of business before commencement of driving lessons.
Driving Lessons & Covid-19
At Neon Driving School, we take the health and safety of our driving instructors, pupils, and the community extremely seriously. With that in mind, we wanted to provide our pupils with some information and guidance which will help us carry out driving lessons in the safest way possible, and in line with the government guidelines in relation to Covid-19.
We politely ask that all pupils who take driving lessons with Neon Driving School read the following guidelines carefully and if there are any questions, please speak with your driving instructor who will be more than happy to help.
Neon Driving School will ensure:
- If your instructor, or anyone in their household has had symptoms of Covid in the last 7 days or have been in contact with someone who has in the last 14 days, we will reschedule the lesson at no extra charge to the pupil
- Before your lesson, we will contact you to check if you have had any symptoms of the virus in the last 7 days
- We will ask if you know, or have been in contact with anyone that has been showing symptoms or has been doing so in the last 14 days
- We will carry out our initial conversation at the beginning of the lesson outside the vehicle, and provide hand sanitiser before entering the vehicle
- We won’t share visual aids, learning tools and pens etc, to minimise contact for safety
- Tuition vehicle will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected at the beginning and end of each day
- Tuition vehicle will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected in-between each lesson, this will include – cleaning all surfaces including, door handles (driver and passenger, interior and exterior), seat belts (driver and passenger), all seat adjusting equipment, steering wheel and column, car keys, all mirrors and window controls, thorough cleaning of dash board including all ancillary controls (indicators and window wipers), gear stick, handbrake, radio and heating dials, windows (inside and outside)
- Parents, guardians, friends will not be permitted to sit in on lessons at this time
- New clients will have their licence checked electronically, but must still be shown at the beginning of their first lesson
- The use of PPE such as face coverings, seat coverings, gloves etc are in line with government guidelines, and disposed of in-between each lesson following guidance from Public Health England (PHE)
- We provide hand sanitiser to be used at the beginning and during driving lessons where required
- We thoroughly wash our hands in-between each lesson
- If driving lessons need to be cancelled or rearranged due to Covid-19, we will not charge the lesson fee if within the usual 48 hours notice time frame. However, further driving lessons will not be booked for 2 weeks after the cancelled lesson and we will require a negative Covid-19 test.
What we expect from pupils:
- Ensure your hands are washed thoroughly before entering the tuition vehicle, hand sanitiser will be available for use during driving lessons in addition to this if required, if you want to wear disposable gloves, please put these on before entering the vehicle
- Make sure you wear suitable clothing, this should cover as much of you as possible, including arms and legs
- If you or anyone in your household have been in contact with someone who has had symptoms in the last 14 days or has been confirmed to have Covid-19, please inform your driving instructor as soon as possible so your lesson can be cancelled and offered to another pupil who may need it
- If you or anyone in your household has shown symptoms in the last 7 days or have been confirmed to have Covid-19, please inform your driving instructor as soon as possible so the driving lesson can be cancelled and offered to another pupil who may need it
- Provide their own PPE where necessary
- Ensure all belongings such as keys, mobile phones, are kept in the same area of the vehicle, preferably in a small plastic bag (freezer bag) to minimize contact and allow easier cleaning after lesson
- Ensure all belongings, including any PPE are taken away at the end of each lesson
When a driving lesson is cancelled due to Covid-19, you will not be booked in for 14 days following the cancellation and a negative Covid-19 test must be shown before the recommencement of driving lessons.
If a pupil cancels a lesson due to Covid-19 symptoms, the driving instructor may be required to self-isolate for 14 days which would mean that all driving lessons and any booked driving tests would be cancelled for that time period. Please be responsible and honest in regard to cancellations at this time, as false Covid-19 cancellations will result in loss of lessons, driving tests and money both for us and other pupils.
Equally, please be responsible and honest and if you are showing symptoms or have been in contact with anyone that has, please contact us as soon as possible to help stop the spread of the virus.
When taking your driving test, all of the above procedures must be followed. Your examiner will wear some forms of PPE such as gloves and a face covering, you will be required to respect any social distancing requirements set out by the government at the time of your test. You will be asked to sign a paper for them to check your signature and they will read out and ask if you agree with the insurance and residency declaration. You must take the paper you sign with you on your test.
Your driving instructor will not be permitted to accompany any pupil on their driving test until further notice.
The driving test will be conducted as normal, however, should you commit a serious/dangerous fault or too many driver faults, the examiner may direct you back to the driving test centre early to give you your result. This is to minimise the risk to both you and the examiner of exposure to Covid-19.
At the end of the test, your instructor will not be permitted to listen to the result of your test due to social distancing, although the examiner will tell you everything you need to know.
This guidance has been produced in line with the current UK government guideli es of Covid-19, and is subject to change as new information and guidance is released. We have created this to help prevent the spread of vid-19 during driving lessons and whilst out on driving tests.
By continuing with driving lessons with Neon Driving School, you are agreeing to this policy and that you have read and are fully aware of the above guidance.
We understand this is an extremely worrying and difficult time, but if we all follow the government guidelines, we will be able to return safely to driving lessons and help to control the spread of Covid-19.
Standard Driving School Business Terms at all times:
Before you begin your driving lessons with Neon Driving School, you will be asked to sign a copy of the terms and conditions. Please take the time to read them fully as signing shows your agreement and understanding of the terms and conditions before your driving lessons commence.
For any pupils who are under 18, we require a parent/guardian to sign a copy of the terms and conditions.
Entitlement to Drive
In order to have driving lessons you must:
- Be age� 17 or older (16 or over if disabled)
- Hold a driving licence that is valid for the UK (provisional, full or an appropriate foreign licence)
- It is your responsibility to provide your instructor with proof that you have a valid licence to drive before the commencement of your first driving lesson.
- If you fail to provide this proof, your instructor is entitled to refuse to conduct the driving lesson but may still charge you for such driving lesson if no notice is given.
- It’s your responsibility to ensure you are fit to drive.
- Inform the instructor of any medical condition, disability or injury that may affect your ability to drive.
- Comply with the eyesight regulation of reading a number plate from 20.5 metres. Where contact lenses or glasses are required, they must be worn for the duration of all driving lessons.
- Where a pupil is unwell or unfit to drive, your driving instructor reserves the right to terminate the driving lesson and the lesson fee must be paid by the pupil in such circumstances.
Neon Driving School will not tolerate any form of verbal or physical abuse, whether directed at themselves, a driving examiner, or any other road user.
Your driving instructor reserves the right to terminate any lesson at any stage should, in their sole opinion they feel that it is inappropriate to continue because of the client’s behaviour, sobriety or state of mind. The lesson fee will be forfeit.
Lesson Fees and Payments
Before the first driving lesson, the client will be supplied with details of tuition fees.
Any alteration of tuition fees will always be notified in advance.
- All lessons must be paid for either in advance, or at the start of the lesson, credit or payment plans are not offered.
- The 48 hours’ notice cancellation policy is in place regardless of whether payment has been made prior to the lesson. If the pupil has made payment and gives at least 48 hours’ notice, they can request the payment is transferred to another booking or request a full refund. Where payment has not been made in advance and a lesson is cancelled without 48 hours’ notice, full payment will be required for the cancelled lesson before another lesson can be booked.
- Any client booking an intensive course of 3 days or above will be asked to pay in full at least 7 days prior to the course start date. This will be treated as an affirmed booking, and if any of the time booked is cancelled less than 7 days before the first day of the course, the fee will be forfeit.
- All block bookings, courses and gift vouchers must be used in full within 6 months of payment.
- Course and lesson fees do not include any payments required by the DVSA for the Theory Test or the Practical Driving Test. If the pupil requests Neon Driving School to make the booking for such tests, an admin charge of £2.50 will be applied to the booking fee.
Payments may be made by cash or bank transfer.
Where a client falls into arrears with payments, the driving school reserves the right to discontinue tuition until such time as the client’s account is brought up to date, this may include withholding the use of the driving school car for a driving test.
In the event of further action being needed to recover any monies owed, further charges may be made to cover costs and administration. The client will be given written notice of other charges added.
A driving lesson booking made by either phone, text message, email, social media or in person is an agreement that the pupil has requested the time and expertise of the driving instructor for that date and time. By booking such date and time, you are agreeing to give at least 48 hours’ notice, from the commencement of the driving lesson if you wish to change or cancel the driving lesson.
- You must give at least 48 hours’ notice to your driving instructor if you wish to cancel or re-arrange a booked driving lesson.
Failure to do so will result in your instructor charging you the full amount for that driving lesson.
- Lessons might sometimes need to be postponed at short notice due to illness, mechanical breakdown or some other emergency or unforeseen occurrence, a mutually agreeable alternative appointment will be made.
- In the event of a “no show”, where the pupil fails to turn up for their driving lesson, full payment will be required before any further driving lessons are booked.
- If the pupil requests that the driving lesson starts late or finishes early, the full lesson fee applies.
When a client pays in advance for lessons, they shall be entitled to a refund at any time of any monies for unused lessons (where at least 48 hours’ notice is given), for accounting purposes this refund will normally be made by the method paid.
When a discount has been given for the prepayment of lessons, and a refund is requested, the lessons taken by the client will be charged at the full single lesson hourly rate, and the balance refunded.
Driving Lesson Etiquette
- You must be ready for your driving lesson at the time and location agreed with your driving instructor at the time of booking. Any changes made by the pupil that result in loss of time from the lesson will not be reimbursed.
- You must arrive for your driving lesson suitably dressed, with suitable shoes that are secure to the feet to ensure safety at all times. Revealing clothing is not acceptable or appropriate for driving lessons.
- Mobile phones must be turned to silent and placed out of sight.
- You may bring a soft drink with you to your driving lesson, and if needed must be consumed only when pulled up at the side of the road and when it is safe to do so.
- Toilet breaks are permitted although form part of the driving lesson if needed.
- If required, pupils may bring someone to accompany them on their driving lesson, this must be agreed with your driving instructor prior to the commencement of the driving lesson.
- Sexual contact, flirting or explicit conversations are not acceptable during driving lessons. The lesson will be terminated and the lesson fee payable in such circumstances.
Change of Vehicle
Tuition vehicles are periodically changed, either sold, or unavailable due to mechanical or other problems.
- If a replacement vehicle will be used for a driving test, the client will be given as much notice as possible, to familiarise with the new vehicle, however, in the case of replacement due to mechanical problems this may not always be possible.
The driving school will not be responsible for any losses (e.g. test fees) if the client chooses to decline these lessons.
Driving Tests should not be booked without first ascertaining the availability of your driving instructor and car, and agreement being reached with your driving instructor as to your readiness for the driving test.
- Clients should notify their driving instructor of the time, date and location of their driving test as soon as practicable, and the email must be shown to your driving instructor for verification on the next driving lesson.
- No responsibility will be taken by Neon Driving School for incorrect bookings unless the driving test email is produced.
- No responsibility will be taken by Neon Driving School for driving tests booked when the driving instructor is unavailable.
- In the interests of road safety, Neon Driving School reserves the right to withdraw the use of car for the driving test, when in the driving instructor’s opinion, the client is not at test standard.
Where the use of the driving school car is withheld for a driving test, the driving instructor will where possible give the client sufficient notice to enable them to cancel the test without loss of the test fee, this may not always be possible when the course of tuition is of an intensive nature.
No responsibility will be taken by Neon Driving School for withdrawing the use of car for the driving test when, in their sole discretion the driving instructor assesses the client as not being ready for test.
When a driving test is cancelled due to mechanical failure of the driving school car, illness of the driving instructor or any other reason that is the responsibility of the driving school then the client will be entitled to the cost of their next driving test fee to be paid for by the driving school. Neon Driving School will not be responsible for any additional tuition fees incurred whilst waiting for the next driving test appointment.
Neon Driving School has no control over driving tests cancelled by DVSA.
When a driving test is cancelled by DVSA the full fees due to the driving school for driving lessons and the use of the car for the driving test are still payable in full, unless cancelled in accordance with the normal period of notice.
When DVSA cancel a driving test because there is not an examiner available it can be possible to claim back any losses incurred by the client, including a proportion of lesson fees, this is the responsibility of the client, not the driving school.
When a driving test is cancelled because the client’s documents are not in order the full fees due to the driving school for driving lessons and the use of the car for the driving test are still payable in full, unless cancelled in accordance with the normal period of notice.
Under the Data Protection Act 2018, the driving school will only:
- collect information that they need for a specific purpose
- keep it secure
- ensure it is relevant and up to date
When booking a driving lesson with Neon Driving School you are agreeing to all of the above terms
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed onto your device that enables website features and functionality. For example, cookies enable us to identify your device, secure your access to our site generally, and even help us know if someone attempts to access your account from a different device. Cookies also enable you to easily share content on and help us serve relevant ads to you.
When does Neon Driving School place cookies?
What types of cookies does Neon Driving School use?
We use two types: persistent cookies and session cookies. A persistent cookie helps us recognise you as an existing user, so it's easier to return to or interact with our services without signing in again. After you sign in, a persistent cookie stays in your browser and will be read by your browser when you return to one of our sites or a partner site that uses our services (for example, our sharing or job application buttons). Session cookies only last for as long as the session (usually the current visit to a website or a browser session).
What are cookies used for?
Cookies can be used to recognise you when you visit our website or login, remember your preferences, and give you a personalised experience that's in line with your settings. Cookies also make your interactions with our website faster and more secure. Additionally, cookies allow us to bring you advertising both on and off our website, and bring customised features to you that allow sharing via social media.
Categories of Use
If you're signed in, cookies help us show you the right information and personalise your experience.
Preferences, features and services
Cookies can tell us which language you prefer and what your communications preferences are. They can help you fill out forms more easily. They also provide you with features, insights, and customised content in conjunction with our plugins.
Performance, Analytics and Research
How are cookies used for advertising purposes?
Cookies and other ad technology such as beacons, pixels, and tags help us serve relevant ads to you more effectively. They also help us provide aggregated auditing, research, and reporting for advertisers, understand and improve our service, and know when content has been shown to you. Note: Because your web browser may request advertisements and beacons directly from third party ad network servers, these networks can view, edit, or set third party cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site. Ads served by our site may also set third party cookies.
Unless you clear these cookies from your browser, we may use this information to:
- provide more relevant, interest-based advertising
- help website and app owners understand how visitors engage with their sites or apps
- detect and defend against fraud and other risks to protect users and partners
- improve our services
We do not provide any personal information that we collect to advertisers unless you have given us permission to do so.
What third-party cookies does Neon Driving School Use?
Most browsers allow you to control cookies through their settings preferences. However, if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may worsen your overall user experience, since it will no longer be personalized to you. It may also stop you from saving customized settings like login information.
What to do if you don't want cookies to be set or want them to be removed?
Other helpful resources
- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EU)
- Internet Advertising Bureau (US)
- Internet Advertising Bureau (EU)
Browser manufacturers provide help pages relating to cookie management in their products. Please see below for more information.
For other browsers, please consult the documentation that your browser manufacturer provides.